Manning Park, British Columbia, is the perfect place to explore the trails by foot. A network of trails cross the entire park, and in a single day we will pass through a wet coastal rainforest, see jagged snow-capped peaks, meander through alpine meadows filled with wildflowers, and maybe even take a dip in one of the many small lakes. This is the place for adventures! And we have picked our favourite routes to make sure you have your best running weekend yet!
Who This is For
We cater to ultra, trail, and adventure runners. If you wish to participate in the retreat, it is assumed that you can handle approximately 15 km on the trails and don't mind being on your feet for 8 hours at a time. However, our program has enough flexibility that everyone capable of running a half marathon (21 km) on the road will gain what they are seeking - there will be plenty of picture stops along the way!
What is Included
Meals: Friday evening snacks, Saturday: breakfast, dinner, campfire snacks, Sunday: Breakfast, send off snacks
Accommodations: we will be staying at the beautiful Coldspring Campground in Manning Park
Two guided runs: Roughly 35-40km on Saturday and up to 20km Sunday
Running form, nutrition and training seminars (optional)
Sunday Picnic (optional on way out)
For full booking terms and conditions please click here.
Outline of Events
- Arrive and set up camp, followed by snacks and a campfire.
- Prepare for our Saturday run and get a good nights sleep!
- Provided breakfast
- Long run and adventure day (roughly 30 - 40 km or 8 hours) through Manning Park
- Evening Activities:
1. Post-run mobility and flexibility exercises & guided relaxation OR Nutrition talk
2. Workshops: Training plan tips and tricks to set yourself up for success OR Anatomy of running: those tiny but important muscles
3. Prizes and "awards" (absolutely 100% cheesy awards made up by us) from our local sponsors
- Provided dinner of sandwiches, local produce, homemade treats, and snacks
- Campfire & Old Yale craft beer (carb replenish)
- Optional sunrise run (roughly 15-20 km) around Lightning Lake
- Quick and easy brunch
- Pack up and be out on time (roughly 11:00 am)
We will be staying at a beautiful, natural camp site in Manning Park, BC. They have graciously welcomed our request to come out and explore the park and camp at the Coldspring Campsite. Each participant is responsible for providing their own tent and required sleeping gear (sleeping bag, mattress pad, pillows). The campsite is natural and rustic, meaning it has pit toilets. However, will be able to stop at the lake after our runs each day or access shower facilities within the park post-run. If you are lacking any camp gear please do not hesitate to inquire as we may be able ot help and can guide you to rental options for all sorts of gear!
Prepare for your weekend away!
This retreat, though restorative, will include some serious mileage! Please do not hesitate to inquire if you have questions about the routes we will be covering.
As required for any great trip away, we will have a detailed itinerary and packing list prepared for you so that you have all of the functional, fun, and comfort items you need!
Prior to the trip & well in advance we will send out:
1. Packing list of running goods
2. Camping items required (and what we will supply)
3. Itinerary for the weekend
4. Running routes and estimated timelines for adventures
5. Additional fun and spontaneous information we can't even tell you about yet!