Recipe - Seedy Chocolate Almond Butter Bites
Trail snacks! For those long runs, a good bite of real food can be the best dang thing. Depending on the weather, we like to change up our fuel choices. Sometimes we live off of Tailwind and gels, and other times (like when it's rainy or colder outside), we like to bring little homemade treats with us. These are great for post run fuel too while driving to wherever is that we're going to eat a proper meal. They are quick to make, customizable, only 10 ingredients, and taste delicious! We hope you give them a try :)
Seedy Chocolate Almond Butter Bites
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 protein balls
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Place dates in a food processor and pulse until a ball is formed, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer date mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the almond butter, seeds, cocoa powder, protein powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon, making sure to evenly disperse the ingredients as much as possible throughout the dates.
- Shape dough into small balls (about 16) and place into an airtight container (or cover with plastic wrap on a plate).
- Store protein balls in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for longer term storage.
Recipe made by Katrina
Each protein ball contains: 108 calories | 13g carbs | 5g fat | 4g protein